Monday 16 February 2009

A Veritable Valentines Feast

We arrived home with our Borough booty and prepared the feast to end all feasts.

We started with six native oysters. My brother's partner is French and her parents bought us an oyster set for our wedding that we have been meaning to Christen ever since. I have to confess to being slightly nervous of doing the shucking so Mr Crafty stepped
nobly into the breach:



Served with lemon wedges, shallot vingegar and Tabasco they were truly delicious:



We then went on to Fois Gras (I know - it's not PC and I did feel a pang of guilt whilst buying - I have no excuse but all I can say is that it is a very rare treat for us) with Sourdough Bread from De Gustibus and a fanstastic Monbazillac sourced from Edward Parker Wines via a wine buff friend at work:



The main course was leg of lamb from Northfield Farm with dauphinoise potatoes and green beans:



We just about made room for the oh so pretty strawberry tarts from Konditor and Cook:



But by this point we were seriously running out of steam...

No comments:

Post a Comment