Thursday 5 February 2009

Our little hall - time for a facelift

Where to begin? My husband and I moved into our two bedroom flat in South East London coming up to three years ago and are still in the process of trying to turn our dreams of a stylish and welcoming London pad into a reality. We have already invested a great deal of time in getting it to where it is now - which is basically white instead of the original jade green and yellow - but still have a long way to go.

I have a long list of projects but number one is our teeny downstairs entrance hall. As it is the first place our friends see when they come round and the first place we see after a long day at work I want it to be welcoming and hint at the wonders that lie upstairs (I am thinking forward to the day when there are wonders upstairs instead of rather a lot of mess you understand).

So we have taken up the mucky carpet to reveal decent-ish floorboards which are soon to be sanded with out new Black and Decker orbital sander (love power tools!) and painted polar white.

From there on in it is going to be fun, fun, fun and my plans involve one of these sets of coat hooks from Graham and Green given to me after much hinting by my lovely hubby for xmas:



And one of these given to me by lovely hubby's lovely sister for xmas from The Contemporary Home (also after much hinting):



I also want to attempt something like this as seen on Ikea Hacker but I plan to spray the Ikea legs with white gloss paint:



I will keep you posted as to my progress!!

No comments:

Post a Comment